No. 8 - Christchurch Longford

Christchurch Longford is sited in an attractive and sprawling Anglican church yard in the centre of Longford, Christ Church was constructed between 1839 and 1844 to the design of Robert de Little. The sandstone exterior is dominated by an imposing west-end tower which was completed as recently as 1960 through the raising of the stonework by 15 feet. (see black & white photo of the original tower)







The original tower - source Photo from the State Library of Victoria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No. 990 - Hobart - St Mary's Cathedral (Part 1) - "The Wild Vines of Tasmania"

No. 988 - North Hobart - The "King Street" Church and School

No. 1058 - Strahan - St Finn Barr's Catholic Church (1900-2005)