No. 17 - Riverside Gospel Chapel


This simple yet quaint, Gothic inspired building in the Launceston suburb of North Riverside was built soon after World War Two as a gospel hall. As early as the 1930s, the site was designated to the Roman Catholic Church before any suburbs were present and was developed when the area was opened up as the suburb of North Riverside. Though a few churches operate within the Riverside area, this building is the oldest out of only 3 purpose-built churches in the area; the others being St David's Church near the Ecclestone Road intersection and St Francis Church in the former hydro village of Marrawaylee (now West Riverside).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Churches of Tasmania

No. 1058 - Strahan - St Finn Barr's Catholic Church (1900-2005)

No. 1035 - Lower Mount Hicks Methodist Church (1890-1972)