No. 511 - Kings Meadows Salvation Army Corps

King's Meadows is a suburb of Launceston that lies to the south of the city. Kings Meadows has surprisingly few places of worship however most denominations are represented in the neighbouring suburbs.

The Kings Meadows Salvation Army Corp is located at Kay street at the site of a former Baptist church which opened in the the early 1950’s. A new building has been erected alongside the old church as a place of worship.

Since 1883 when the Salvation Army arrived at Launceston, it has established citadels in many locations including Elizabeth Street, Invermay, Mowbray and at Galvin Street in South Launceston.



The new extension adjoining the former Baptist church. Photo - Duncan Grant 2019

The old Baptist Church on Kay Street - now part of the Salvation army complex on Kay street - Photo: Duncan grant 2019


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Churches of Tasmania

No. 1058 - Strahan - St Finn Barr's Catholic Church (1900-2005)

No. 1035 - Lower Mount Hicks Methodist Church (1890-1972)