No. 898 - Devonport - Gateway Church

Devonport was established in 1890 with the merging of two towns on the opposite banks of the Mersey River; Formby on the west bank and Torquay on the east bank. The area was first settled in the 1840s.

The Gateway Church, also known as the “Don Centre”, is located on Don Road south west of the city centre. The church was previously located on George Street and has been active in Devonport for about 50 years albeit operating under different names.

Gateway Church is a member of the Australian Christian Churches (ACC); the World Assemblies of God Fellowship in Australia. Gateway Church provides substantial support for the community through various associated charitable entities.



   
Gateway Church's previous premises at George Street. Image credit: Halliwell Property


Links of interest:

https://www.gatewaychurch.net.au
https://www.facebook.com/gatewaychurchdevonport/






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Churches of Tasmania

No. 1058 - Strahan - St Finn Barr's Catholic Church (1900-2005)

No. 1017 - Hobart - St Peter's Hall