No. 1108 - West Hobart - St Volodymyr

West Hobart is an inner-city suburb of Hobart immediately west of the city centre. The suburb occupies the high ground below Knocklofty Hill.

The church was built in 1923, and was known as the Church of Christ. It continued to be known as the Church of Christ at least until the late 1940s. [See No. 984]

It later became a Ukrainian Orthodox Church, named St Volodymyr and was consecrated by Archbishop Andrew of Edmonton, Canada, on 28 November 1971. The church has since been de-consecrated and is now a private residence.



Source:

https://westhobart.wordpress.com/st-vlodymyrs/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No. 990 - Hobart - St Mary's Cathedral (Part 1) - "The Wild Vines of Tasmania"

No. 988 - North Hobart - The "King Street" Church and School

No. 1058 - Strahan - St Finn Barr's Catholic Church (1900-2005)