No. 1128 - Kettering - Church of the Holy Spirit (1969)

Kettering is a small town on the Channel Highway, approximately 35 kilometres south of Hobart. It was originally named Little Oyster Cove before being renamed after Kettering in England.

The church at Kettering has been shared by three denominations: Anglican; Catholic and the Uniting Church. It was built in 1969, replacing a Union church that was destroyed in bushfires two years earlier.

The church is no longer used and is currently up for sale.

All the photographs used in this article are courtesy of Elders Real Estate, Margate.  







\



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No. 990 - Hobart - St Mary's Cathedral (Part 1) - "The Wild Vines of Tasmania"

No. 988 - North Hobart - The "King Street" Church and School

No. 1058 - Strahan - St Finn Barr's Catholic Church (1900-2005)