No. 1133 - Cluan - Baptist Church (1975)

Cluan is a small settlement in Northern Tasmania approximately 5 kilometres south of Westbury. The name Cluan is probably derived from the Irish ‘cluain’, meaning ‘meadow’.

The former Baptist church at Cluan is located at the intersection of Glenore and Claun Roads. It is a cement brick structure built in 1975. It replaced a weatherboard church which opened in 1906.

The church closed late 90s and the property sold and converted into a house.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Churches of Tasmania

No. 1058 - Strahan - St Finn Barr's Catholic Church (1900-2005)

No. 1035 - Lower Mount Hicks Methodist Church (1890-1972)