No. 1429 - Dodges Ferry - Southern Beaches Anglican Church

Dodges Ferry is a small township on the eastern side of the entrance to Pittwater in south eastern Tasmania. It is situated about 40 kilometres east of Hobart. Dodges Ferry was named after Ralph Dodge (1791-1871) who operated a ferry service across Pittwater from the 1820s.

‘Southern Beaches’ is part of the South East Anglican parish which is comprised of Anglican communities at Richmond, Koonya, Sorrel and Dodges Ferry. The Southern Beaches community at Dodges Ferry worships in the Conference Centre at the Blue Lagoon Christian Camp. The Camp is operated by an independent, non-profit, public benevolent association and is supported by the Southern Tasmanian Evangelical Churches.

Further information about the church and campsite can be found via the links provided below.

Source: Blue Lagoon Facebook page


Further information:

https://www.southeastanglican.org.au/locations/southern-beaches/
https://www.facebook.com/SouthernBeachesSEA/
https://www.bluelagoon.org.au/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Churches of Tasmania

No. 624 - Dunalley - St Martin's Anglican Church - "In grateful memory of the men who fought in the Great War"

No. 276 - The Former Kempton Presbyterian Church - 'A Blue Church at Green Ponds'