No. 1329 - Spring Beach Youth Camp - Rockwood Chapel and Ferris Pine Chapel

Spring Beach is located on Tasmania’s east coast and lies about 4 kilometres south of Orford.

Spring Beach Youth Camp is owned and operated by the Seventh Day Adventist Church. The Seventh-Day Adventist Church was established in Tasmania in 1888. The denomination originated in the USA in the 1860s and in 1885 a group of Adventists travelled to Australia and began preaching in Melbourne. After a church group was established in Melbourne in 1886 members moved on to Sydney, Adelaide and Hobart. Public tent meetings were held in Sandy Bay in 1888 which led to the establishment of a church at Collinsvale and then Hobart and Launceston shortly after the turn of the 20th century.

The Spring Beach Youth Camp opened in 1978. The site has two outdoor chapels, the Rockwood Chapel and the Ferris Pine Chapel. In 2018 the Rockwood Chapel was rebuilt and a rededication service was held on 29 August 2018.

The Rockwood Chapel - source: https://www.springbeachyouthcamp.com.au/outdoor-chapels/


The Ferris Pine Chapel - source: https://www.springbeachyouthcamp.com.au/outdoor-chapels/


Sources and links of interest:

https://www.springbeachyouthcamp.com.au/about/
https://www.springbeachyouthcamp.com.au/outdoor-chapels/
https://www.facebook.com/springbeachyouthcamp/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPzdDOvdq6A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Churches of Tasmania

No. 624 - Dunalley - St Martin's Anglican Church - "In grateful memory of the men who fought in the Great War"

No. 276 - The Former Kempton Presbyterian Church - 'A Blue Church at Green Ponds'